18 October 2019
- Last edited 03 April 2020
Manually setting appraisal status
An authorised user can manually change the status of an appraisal, the options available are as follows
- Pending Employee Comments
- Pending Manager Comments
- Pending Employee Final Comments
- Pending Manager Final Comments
Note: “Created”, “Initiated”, “Agreed”, “Activated”, “Pending employee final comments” and “pending manager final comments” are only available if the portal settings allow it (see General settings under the Performance module). “Completed” is only available to the user with the “Admin” username. Notifications relevant to the selected status will be sent once the status is changed successfully.
To change appraisal status manually, follow the steps below
- Navigate to Performance > Appraisals > Employee Appraisals
- Click the “Set appraisal status manually” button
- Check the tick box beside the relevant appraisal
- Select the relevant status
- Click the “set status” button
Cloning Performance Appraisals
You can clone an existing performance appraisal which can be modified to serve as a new performance appraisal. Follow the steps below to clone a performance appraisal
- From the Performance Appraisal screen, click the “Clone Appraisal” link
- The system will take you to the “Clone Appraisal” screen where you can modify the fields as required (See Creating Appraisals)
- If you want the responses of the source appraisal to be cloned, set “Clone Responses?” to “Yes” otherwise, set it to “No”
- If you are cloning to another employee then you type the employee name or part of it and click the search link. If you are cloning to another job title or department then you select the relevant options.
- Click the “Save” button when done
Changing appraisal ownership
An appraisal can only be modified by the employee or the appraisal owner (usually the manager). However, it might be necessary to change the current owner of an appraisal and in such cases there are 2 options.
This is useful where the current user needs to make changes to the appraisal and they are not the current owner. To do this, from the “Employee Appraisal” screen, select “Take Ownership” from the action dropdown.
There are instances where the current user wants to change the owner of an appraisal to someone other than themselves. In such cases, from the “Employee Appraisal” screen, select “Set Ownership” from the action dropdown. On the ensuing screen, enter part of the employee name and click the search link to find the employee and then click the “Confirm” button to finish otherwise, click the “Cancel” button. Note: The employee you are setting the ownership to must have the necessary permission to appraise the employee otherwise, you will get an error message.
Exporting Performance Appraisals
You can export the Performance Appraisals in view to Microsoft Word, Excel or Adobe PDF. To do this, from the Performance Appraisal screen, select the relevant format and click the “Export” button.
Importing Performance Appraisals
The system supports bulk importation of employee appraisals and objectives from a CSV file, this is provides a way to quickly create employee appraisals and objectives without having to do so one after the other.
From this screen, you will be able to import employee appraisals and objectives using the provided CSV file. Follow the steps below to appraisal upload records
- Navigate to the import appraisal screen by clicking Performance > Appraisal > Import Appraisals
- Download the sample import file if you don’t already have it by clicking the link under the “Upload Steps” section.
- Fill in the fields using the field description below
- FullName: This is the full name of the employee namely, first, middle and last name. This field is compulsory
- AppraisalName: This is the name of the appraisal to be created. If the appraisal name already exist for the employee, it will be edited instead.
- AppraisalDeadlineDate: This is the deadline date for the appraisal
- PeriodStart: This is the start date of the appraisal
- PeriodEnd: This is the end date of the appraisal
- ObjectiveName: This is the unique name of the objective to be created. If the objective name already exist, it will be edited instead
- ObjectiveDeadlineDate: This is the deadline date for the objective
- DisplayText: This is the details of the objective which will be shown on the appraisal form. If this field is left blank, the suggested objective text for the relevant KPI will be used.
- KPIName: This is the name of the KPI to which the objective is attached. Note: The KPI must already exist on the system.
- Save the file to a location of your choice
- From the Import appraisal screen, click the “browse” button
- Select the save file from the chosen location
- Click the “upload” button
The file will now be processed and you will be invited to download a file containing the result of the operation.